March 30, 2016 - PUC Reviews GPL's 2015 OSPT.
On Wednesday, March 30, 2016, the Public Utilities Commission held a public hearing on
the Operating Standards and Performance Targets (OSPTs) of the Guyana Power & Light Inc. (GPL). These hearings are conducted on an annual basis and are required by the laws governing the supply of electricity to be done by the end of March each year — to determine whether the GPL has met
the Standards and Targets set for the previous year.
The Hearing was held at 10:00 hrs. in the Woodbine Room of the Cara Lodge in Quamina Street, Georgetown. The general public was invited.
Eight (8) targets were set for 2015:
1. Number of hours of Customer Interruptions (power outages) — how frequent and
the duration of each interruption.
2. Number of days it took to rectify voltage regulation issues.
3. Meter readings — percentage of actual readings.
4. Issuance of bills — the number of days it took to bill customers.
5. Number of days it took to receive payments from customers.
6. Number of days it took GPL to pay its creditors.
7. The percentage of losses suffered by GPL through theft and system losses.
8. The percentage of Average availability of GPL to meet current demand with
minimum outages due to shortfall or downtime of its generating plants.
for GPL's 2015 Operating Standards & Performance Targets.
to find GPL's Operating Standards & Performance Targets for previous years.
to play a recording of this session.
Members of the Commission at Head Table
Representatives of GPL
Members of the media and public