March 21, 2016 - PUC to Review GPL's 2015 OSPT Achieved.
On Wednesday, March 30, 2016, the Public Utilities Commission will hold a public hearing on the Operating Standards and Performance Targets (OSPTs) that were achieved by the Guyana Power & Light Inc. (GPL) in 2015. These annual reviews are required by the laws governing the supply of electricity to be conducted by the end of March each year — to determine whether the GPL has met the Standards and Targets set for the previous year.
The Hearing is scheduled for 10:00 hrs. in the Woodbine Room of the Cara Lodge at 294 Quamina Street, Georgetown. The general public is invited.
Eight (8) targets were set for 2015:
1. Number of hours of Customer Interruptions (power outages) — how frequent and
the duration of each interruption.
2. Number of days it took to rectify voltage regulation issues.
3. Meter readings — percentage of actual readings.
4. Issuance of bills — the number of days it took to bill customers.
5. Number of days it took to receive payments from customers.
6. Number of days it took GPL to pay its creditors.
7. The percentage of losses suffered by GPL through theft and system losses.
8. The percentage of Average availability of GPL to meet current demand with
minimum outages due to shortfall or downtime of its generating plants.
for GPL's 2015 Operating Standards & Performance Targets Achieved.
to find GPL's Operating Standards & Performance Targets for previous years.
(under Notices tab) for current details.